Impeach, Imshmeach
The lefty VT political blogs (and newspapers) are all a twitter about the impeachment votes on Town Meeting Day. I can't blame them; I mean, this is a huge victory for them. They successfully proved that a majority of politically active Vermonters are opposed to the war. All those who questioned that can now stand down. All two of them.
So, can I ask the question that no one seems to be asking? Or maybe, that no one wants to ask? Is anything really going to come of this?
All three members of our congressional delegation have already said that they will not pursue impeachment, and further, that it would be an impediment to their actual focus of brining the troops home. Now there's a convenient excuse. By the way, how's that coming along?
Mark my words, nothing will come of this. But, you already knew that, didn't you?
Yeah, I know I could have broached this topic in a gentler manner, but I can be a real bitch when I'm sick. Just ask my husband.
8 comments:
You're right. All of the "impeach bush" votes were a complete and total waste of time. It came up under new business in Randolph and was pretty much ignored.
I have no love for our current President. I'd love to see him ousted, but I'm a realist and I know that no matter what, Bush is there for another two years.
He won't get impeached and the flaming liberals need to get a grip on themselves if they think he will be.
Mule
Mule,
When I saw that I had a comment from you, I thought you were going to say something about me being so snarky.
I'm glad to see it was a comment of agreement!
I do feel bad for the liberals that worked so hard to get the Democrats elected, only to find out that Bush will not be impeached, as they had hoped.
I'm a realist and I know that no matter what, Bush is there for another two years.
A "realist" would not use the phrase "no matter what." I can think of at least one "what" that would end his presidency immediately. I'm sure you can figure it out if you put your mind to it.
Way to go Haik! you say what others secretly think but can't say aloud. I certainly wouldn't shed a tear.
J.D. we've been debating this elsewhere, but this is a case in point-- just imagine how loud Charity and company would laugh on the day Bush was acquitted by the Senate!
Charity, just wanted you to know that your school board post haunted me for a few moments before I did left the voting booth.
JD- I hate to disappoint you, but I didn't say out loud what you were thinking. I was talking about immediate resignation;
Do you live in Burlington? (I want to know how to classify FBC at BP.)
Well, all the lefties have had their feel good temper tantrum and the rest of the nation yawned and said "Vermont! So what else is new?"
Haik, FBC is from central VT...
Alex, regardless of how things turn out, Bush and the neo-con agenda will be on the wrong side of history, so in some way it still works out, even if Charity laughs. History doesn't go backwards, even thought that's the intent of conservatism.
Post a Comment