Pelosi Beats the Clock
The news today is that the House Democrats have succeeded in passing their 100-hour agenda.
That's great that they lived up to their campaign agenda of addressing the areas that they promised to, but the question that needs to be asked is: Is it enough to hammer though bills that have a significant chance of failure when they get to the Senate or the White House?
Wouldn't it have made more sense to allow input from the opposition and rise above partisan politics as the Democrats also promised?
According to Speaker Pelosi, No.
"It was about keeping our promise, not about adhering to some process," she said.
Translation: I don't care about compromise; I need to satisfy my base.
I guess all of that talk about changing the tone in Washington was just that - talk.
The details of the bills are at the end of the article.
4 comments:
You silly partisans never cease to amaze me. When you have the power, you're pricks. When you don't, you condemn the pricks. And on and on it goes.
Please, wake me when it's over....
Love,
Snarky Boy
P.S. I've now got the evidence on the Baruth/D.Allen/Welch love triangle. Find it HERE.
P.S.S. Thanks for the link, Charity. Kisses galore.
I knew this comment was coming...
I am not saying that the Democrats are doing anything worse than what the Republicans did, my dear Snarky. My point is that they were all talk during the election about how they were going to be different. But they're not.
Oh my goodness, we're in agreement.
It's almost like a first date....
...how about if the Republican pays?
Goodness. It sounds like someone's welfare check is late.
Post a Comment