She's Right Votes (Part three)...is not ready yet.
I am working to get the post up about the congressional races, but to be honest, I still don't know how I am voting.
Here's a little spoiler: I can't get a response from the Sanders campaign on homeschooling and since he is funded by the NEA, which is on record with yearly resolutions calling for an end to homeschooling, I can't vote for him.
Even though his economic policies are totally whack, as the urban youth say, I was quite impressed with his civil liberties record. Ironically, this was brought to my attention by the Tarrant "negative" campaign ads.
Sadly, I am getting the feeling that those civil liberty protections only apply to liberal causes. I don't think Sanders will be vociferously defending Jeff's second amendment rights or my right to educate my children at home.
I doubt that he would go to bat for me to defend my religious freedoms, either, since I don't go to the Church of Sanders.
So now I just need to decide if I vote for Tarrant or write-in Jeff Soyer. And decide about the House race.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment