Another Chittenden County Senate Candidate
I can't believe I forgot to mention Agnes Clift in my coverage of the Chittenden County Senate race.
You can read about her positions here on her campaign blog.
One of the issues that Agnes has been passionate about is parental notification. Please read her thoughts about this issue before you make your judgments.
To me this is not a choice issue, but a parents' rights issue. A school nurse can't even give out a cough drop without a parent's consent.
I had to sign a written consent for my son to get a tooth pulled yesterday, but my daughter (if I had one) could easily get an abortion and I would not be there for the follow-up care and support she needed, unless she worked up the courage to tell me.
We were all teens once. I am sure most of us kept things from our parents so we wouldn't disappoint them. But a parent needs to be there when a child is dealing with an adult-sized problem.
Be sure to read the blog for her other positions and why she is running.
I am eager to work on finding ways to control spending and taxes so that Vermonters can afford to remain in the state they love so much. I am interested in young people and want to help address issues that make it so hard for them to remain in Vermont.
No comments:
Post a Comment