Saturday, September 09, 2006

Tarrant Does Not Need Republicans

Attention Republican primary voters:
Tarrant does not need you to get elected.

From this morning's Rutland Herald:

"I don't need the Republicans or their money to get elected."

Good to know. I guess we won't vote for you then. Good luck winning the primary with that strategy, Mr. Independent.

Click on the link above to read the full Herald article. There is also an awesome comment from lesser-known candidate Cris Ericson, made to the Herald reporter, that makes it well worth the read. She's a firecracker. It would be fun to see her and Sanders go head-to-head.

That being said, I still support Greg Parke - the Republican candidate in the race.

With the primary coming up on Tuesday, She's Right will have much more primary coverage over the next couple of days. And you can tune in to She's Right on channel 17 in the Burlington Area on Friday, September 15 @ 5:25 PM for a post-primary wrap-up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you support Rich when he wins the Republican nomination?

He will win it he has worked hard and has been traveling the state a lot.

Will you support him and unite with the other Republicans, Democrats and Independents that are supporting him?

Charity said...

Hey, I didn't know that the Tarrant campaign reads my blog. Cool.

I will not speculate because unlike you, I have not ruled this a slam dunk for Tarrant.

I will say that I will not support someone who does not reflect my political views, no matter what party banner they carry. I have no obligation to support the GOP candidate. I do not hold any office for the party.

Anonymous said...

That sounds fair. Good answer.

Also, I don't work for the Tarrant campaign. I know there isn't a way for me to prove that but I guess you can either believe me or not.

I think Tarant just has a better organization in place compared to Parke. I have not seen Greg on the trail and that was a concern for me.

The blog looks great. I like the feel.

Charity said...

I have no reason to doubt that you are telling the truth about not working for the Tarrant campaign.

I was just joking. That comment kind of read like a piece of Tarrant campaign literature.

Thanks for the compliment about the blog.

I will have post-primary commentary late next week, including whether or not I support the winners, if they are not the people I supported in the primary.

Charity said...

One more thing, I just do not like how Tarrant has gone out of his way to distance himself from the Republican party. I find it insulting, as someone who has voted Republican ever since I was old enough to vote. If he is so ashamed to be a Republican, why doesn't he run as an independent?

Anonymous said...

Charity, it doesn't matter whether you support Tarrant. He's already said that he doesn't need the Republicans. He doesn't need you or your support!

Incidentally, there is more to the story about his residency in Florida.

Anonymous said...

If you know Rich Tarrant, you would not be surprised by his statement that he doesn\'t need Republicans.

Rich Tarrant is so arrogant that he thinks that he doesn\'t need anybody!