She's Right - Tonight
Updated (twice).
This evening on "She's Right," which airs at 5:25 PM on channel 17 in the Burlington area, I will be discussing the upcoming Republican Primaries for US Senate and US House.
Check out the candidates' websites and be sure to get out and vote on September 12.
U.S. Senate
Greg Parke *
Rich Tarrant
(Update: I have just learned that Cris Ericson is running for the Republican nomination for Senate also. You may remember her from the 2004 election, when she ran on the Marijuana Party ticket. Take a look at her site, too. She has some interesting things to say.)
U.S. House
Mark Shepard *
Martha Rainville
* indicates She's Right endorsed candidate.
If you miss the live broadcast, check back Monday for the podcast, available for download or on-line listening. I will also post a write-up of the show later on this weekend.
And don't forget that Channel 17 will be holding live primary debates, which will be simulcast on The Mark Johnson Radio Show on WDEV - AM 550 and 96.1 FM.
GOP US House Primary Candidates - Tues. 8/22 @ 9am
GOP US Senate Primary Candidates - Thurs. 8/24 @ 10am
You can view the full schedule of Channel 17 primary debates here.
(Update: I just got a call from Greg Parke yesterday and he is not able to attend the debate on Thursday. I will update you if that changes.)
3 comments:
Hello! There is another REPUBLICAN Senate candidate on the ballot. How about some equality??
The Republican Party of Vermont is blatantly discriminating against a female Vermont Republican U.S. Senate candidate who has already been certified by the Vermont Secretary of State Elections Division to be on the Republican Primary Election ballot on September 12, 2006.
The VT GOP refuses to list Cris Ericson as a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate while they do list two MALE Republican candidates for U.S. Senate.
http://www.vtgop.org
http://www.vtgop.org/Candidates/
As well as sexual discrimination,
the VT GOP may be in violation of Internet Fraud Law
because they are seriously and willfully and knowingly refusing to list her
on their internet website
as a candidate while they do list the MEN candidates.
That is an act of fraudulent concealment of material facts that affects the voting rights of Vermont Republicans.
They may also be in violation of federal criminal laws under the Federal Elections Commission because they are a political party
but they are behaving like a PAC,
a political action committee,
because they are promoting, by naming,
the MALE candidates while they are
concealing the material fact that there is a female candidate for U.S. Senate for the Republican Party, Cris Ericson.
The website is registered as a political party website so it is fraud to use the website as a political action committee.
I had no idea that Cris Ericson was running as a Republican. I would have mentioned it.
I am not affiliated with the state GOP at all. In fact, the two candidates I support - Parke and Shepard - are not supported by the state party.
And I cannot be accused of sex discrimination because I am a woman.
I'll modify my post and add a link to her site.
And I cannot be accused of sex discrimination because I am a woman.
I don't know what-all else y'all are talking about, but that statement there is patently false, Char. Women sometimes discriminate against women more than men would. Helps them get ahead in a man's world.
That kind of reminds me of the dentist Jerry Seinfeld accused of converting to Judaism, simply for the ability to make Jewish jokes with impunity.
Post a Comment