Speaking of that teacher strike...
It looks like talks will resume tomorrow between the Chittenden East Supervisory Union and Green Mountain–NEA. I wonder what will happen. This is unlike any teacher strike I have ever seen. Usually everyone is on the side of the teachers, but I think this time they have gone too far and people know it.
Gone are the days of teachers being grossly underpaid. They make comparable wages to many other jobs that require a four year degree and their benefits are second to none. It is becoming harder for them to find a sympathetic ear for their plight – especially when they are receiving 4% raises and still complain about paying less than most everyone else for health insurance.
From the sound of it, the majority of people speaking to the school district about this strike do not support the teachers’ demands. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment