Friday, November 03, 2006

The Media and Political Bombshells

I was just reading the fine bloggers over at Green Mountain Daily discuss the media and how it is the decider when it comes to revealing political bombshells.

That got me thinking about my own dilemma. I have a little bombshell of my own about one of the Democratic superstars in this election. I have gone back and forth for months about whether or not I should go public with it, but I decided that I didn't want to engage in muckraking. I think it is beneath me and beneath this blog. And this is just a stupid blog that, like, five people read. If I was running a major media organization with actual credibility, there is no way I would lower myself to the level of crap-spewing that has caused me to stop reading many of my favorite blogs until November 8.

It is not the job of the media to do the dirty politicking for any campaign.

I didn't feel like digging out my GMD password to log-in and drop my 2-cents there, so I thought I would jot it down here. 99% of She's Right readers read GMD, too. (And that's from a scientific study.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just great. You conveniently have a "bombshell" about a Democratic candidate that you intend to launch at the last minute. Is it sex? Do you have pictures?

I guess, if you think you are losing, you might as well get into the gutter.

Anonymous said...

Is the GMD reference about Dubie's "fake schedule"? That absolutely cracks me up - a bunch of people who don't know the difference between a schedule and a diary. "Ooh, I'm going to 'validate' his whole schedule!" Good LORD what a pack of retards.

Charity said...

Anonymous, with all respect due a person who doesn't use his or her own name, did you read the post?

I quote:"I decided that I didn't want to engage in muckraking. I think it is beneath me and beneath this blog."

Charity said...

Odum - thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I agree about the corroboration thing. While I have the right to say whatever I want in my public personal log, I hold a certain standard for my blog. I think the standard varies from blog to blog. Which makes sense, since we are all unique. It makes it hard for the bloggers that want to be taken seriously as journalists, though, I would imagine.

I don't really care if anyone takes me seriously because, frankly, I am not a journalist; I am an opinion writer.

Anonymous said...

Dubie: "That's how a schedule works"

Freyne/Odum/et. al.: "How were we supposed to have known that"

Rest of the world: "By having had a real job at some point in your life"