Friday, September 01, 2006

Second Amendment Debate Heats Up

Thanks to a little help from the gun nuts over at Alphecca, the comments thread of my Second Amendment post from Wednesday is heating up. It's like a primer on gun rights, right here on She's Right. (That was a lot of rights.)

I just thought I would bring it up, in case anyone wants to join in the discussion.

Update: I also want to give a thanks to Say Uncle, which had a post about it, too.

Update 2: I was not trying to be offensive by using the term "gun nut." That is how Jeff refers to himself on Alphecca, so I thought it was okay to say. Kind of like how Bob the Optimizer is a computer nut. I did not realize "gun nut" was a derogatory term.

Many thanks to Jeff for the post. I have learned a lot about the Second Amendment from all of his (and Say Uncle's) readers who have visited here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling us "gun nuts." Just like the gun grabbers do.

Charity said...

Sorry, I was not trying to be offensive. I took the term "gun nut" from Alphecca. Is that one of those things that you can't say unless you are one?

Anonymous said...

I'm not PC, so it doesn't bother me!
You might try Gun Cite when more 2nd Amedment issues arise. For example, instead of plowing that filed for the 10,00th time, when the meaning of the second amandment comes up, go to:
http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html
and actually read what the guys who wrote it had to say on the matter. No need to guess, or make weak arguments.

Josh said...

Gun nut is a wierd term. It was originally coined by gun grabbers, and doesn't exactly encourage similar beliefs to the 'nut.' On the other hand, some gun nuts recognize that, hey, they are big fans of the things. As a result, they took the name and trying to turn it into themselves.

A bit like f** of the GLB community. If you are one, you can always get away with it. If you aren't, you have to be careful as to who you'll offend and, worse, who will agree with you.

Anonymous said...

You say gun nut like it's a bad thing.

-SayUncle.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that using the
term "gun nut" was a little like using the "n" word. It was OK if you were one and were referring to another, but all heck would break out if you were an outsider.

As a GUN NUT, I don't find it the least offensive. Just don't forget the gun part.