A clean campaign?
In the Tarrant fans vs. Sanders fans on-line debates on several blogs, I have noticed one thing that keeps coming up. People claim that Bernie Sanders does not run mud-slinging campaigns. Every time I read this, I know it isn’t true and it irritates me. Maybe Mr. Sanders doesn’t come right out and throw mud – no he is much too clever for that. Instead, he gets his foot soldiers to do it for him. That is how good third party politicians usually work.
I remember reading something quite a while back about a Sanders campaign letter spreading dirt about Tarrant to Sanders' supporters. I finally decided to dig it up. I finally found it. It came from republicansareidiots.com. (How witty!)
It reads:
Rich Tarrant (R-FL)
August 8, 2005Vermonters aren't that stupid, are they?
This is the guy who will likely be running for the Senate in Vermont against Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Problem is, he's, um, from, uh, Florida. Here is a thread at DU which apparently contains a letter from the Sanders campaign in which all the dirt is exposed on this guy Tarrant, who has, along with his right-wing friends, dirty bastards all, already been spending shitloads of money throwing shit at Bernie Sanders and trying to purchase Vermont's open Senate seat, currently occupied by retiring Sen. James Jeffords (I-VT). It might work, but then, Vermonters aren't known for being quite as stupid as Floridians. Anyway, here's the dirt on Tarrant in its entirety. http://bernie.org/documents/2005080305.asp
(Wow! Clever and potty-mouths!)
It goes on with two articles, one from Peter Freyne and one from The Brattleboro Reformer.
Conveniently, the links do not work. Imagine that. Is the Sanders campaign covering their tracks? I know you can't rely on everything you read on the internet, but I find it hard to believe that a site called “Republicans are Idiots” is fabricating stories for Tarrant’s benefit. I could be wrong.

3 comments:
Here you go:
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:07phYhCjZssJ:www.bernie.org/documents/2005080305.asp+2005080305+site:bernie.org&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1
I support Bernie and can't wait to see him in the Senate.
I'm sorry Charity, but Republican leadership at the federal level is systematically destroying America in body and soul. Look at what happened yesterday- we raised our debt to 9 trillion. This has got to stop.
Being a die-hard Democrat, I could never vote for a Republican, especially with what they are doing to this country. Most importantly, I could not vote for Rich Tarrant because I am sick of his radio and TV ads.....
Post a Comment