Monday, March 26, 2007

Intervale Land Sale

I just wanted to do a quick post about the Burlington Intervale land sale. I did not really follow this issue as closely as I could have, or should have, even, but I did want to let people know that it is on the agenda tonight for the council to discuss an amendment to the sale.

They want to add 2.8 acres, which the Intervale Center currently uses for compost, to the sale. They also want to add the City to the Act 250 petition for the compost project land use. Why? I am not sure. I am also not sure if that process with end up costing the City (i.e. us) any money. And speaking of money, the resolution also appropriates $8,000 for the City to buy 20 acres of Intervale land from BED, for the City to maintain.

You can read the PDF of the resolution here.

I would love comments from any Burlington readers who have been following this issue.

I am feeling much better and I will be posting again later on non-Burlington matters.

No comments: