Another Storm Forecast for VT
If you are like me, you don't usually look at the weather forecast. Maybe I am an oddball, but in the event that I have other Vermont readers that are equally odd, I wanted to let you know this:
The National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning early Thursday morning. It's in effect from tonight until Friday evening. Forecasters think 8 to 14 inches of snow will fall before the worst of the storm blows out of New England Friday night. Some sleet could mix in. Sleet and even some freezing rain is more likely farther south in Vermont.
The Friday morning commute is expected to be slow at best, with heavy snow, maybe mixed with sleet. Roads will almost certainly be snow covered and slippery, and visibility will be low. People should budget lots of extra time to get to work, or even better, stay home.
They are also recommending that people shovel off any remaining snow from their roofs, etc., before the additional snow hits. (That means I will have to shovel off the snow on my back porch that I left there for my 3-year-old to play in. I doubt it will be able to hold the weight of additional snow.)
In other news, with Town Meeting Day only 5 days away, I am setting a deadline for myself to have some local posts up by the end of today.
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment