In Local News...
This is getting to be a little freaky, but this is the second accident that happened right in front of me. Luckily, this happened just before I got there, otherwise, I would have seen an SUV fall right in front of me from the interstate overpass.
That would have been a bummer.
Man injured when SUV rolls off Interstate 89 in Colchester
Published: Tuesday, January 2, 2007
COLCHESTER - One man has been injured in a dramatic one-car accident at the intersection of Interstate 89 and U.S. 7 at exit 16 in Colchester, according to Free Press staff writer John Briggs, who was at the scene, and Vermont State Police.
David A. Pelkey, 30, had been driving a green SUV southbound on I-89 at about 1 p.m., when his vehicle veered off into the center median, struck a concrete drainage abutment and catapulted over the overpass, on to U.S. 7, said Briggs, who spoke to Williston State Police.
Williston State Trooper Greg Campbell said Pelkey was conscious and alert when he was removed from his vehicle and transported to Fletcher Allen Health Care.
Briggs said Pelkey's SUV, which had been traveling at about 70 mph at the time of the accident, came to a rest on its side near a curb on U.S. 7. Its roof was ripped off. A shoe and a case of unopened grape juice were lying in the vehicle.
Northbound and southbound traffic on U.S. 7 was tied up for more than an hour because of the accident.
Police and fire crews, including rescue vehicles from Winooski, Colchester and Mallets Bay responded to the scene. Northbound traffic was backed up about a mile, to downtown Winooski.
Trooper Campbell said the cause of the accident is still unclear. Police said there were no skid marks on the Interstate and no sign that there was another vehicle involved in the crash.
6 comments:
Charity, I think you now owe your readers a photo of your vehicle (with license plate visible) so if we see you driving behind us we can be extra careful...
I think I need to make sure we are on the road at different times....You scare me.
Oh come on J.D.! Next thing you know, you'll say you believe in God or something. It's a coincidence. Think of all the times I have been out and not come upon an accident - like for the last 30 years! Just because I came upon two in the span of 8 days doesn't mean anything. ;-)
Hi, Fells!
I know, I know, just pulling your leg.. but I still wanna know what your vehicle looks like...
If you see a green minivan with an Air 1 sticker on the lower left corner of the rear window, beware!
Ever asked yourself when looking at the Daily Gossip/TV "Blues" just how much of that stuff actually affects you/adds quality of life?
I have, and the answer is a big, fat goose-egg.
I'm gonna start calling it "The Freak Show" because the talking heads pick out whatever lunatic fringe, secular fanatic or nut-bar advocate represents the worst of humanity and parade it and its exploits around as the best thing on Earth, pausing only to browbeat the normal for not "feeling compassion" toward the featured loser, and the loser-subculture of death (s)he represents.
Life's too short!
Post a Comment