Lt. Gov. Dubie delpoyed for short-term assignment in Iraq
Breaking news from the Burlington Free Press website:
Lt. Gov. Brian Dubie has been deployed to Iraq, serving as a member of the U.S. Air Force Reserve on a field assessment team on a short-term assignment, according to the Air Force.
Maj. John Elolf, spokesman for U.S. Central Command Air Force, said that Dubie is now in Kirkuk, Iraq, and will be returning before the end of September. Dubie was deployed on Friday.
“It’s not a flying status as far as I understand it,” Elolf said, declining to describe Dubie's mission in any more detail.
7 comments:
Well that is something. Best wishes to the Dubie Family. Let's hope he stays safe over there.
Cute jekyll and hyde routine, Haik.
Try not to get too worked up about the lt gov race, Dubie's a lock.
I'm not "not the capital bureau." I don't care about this race. Dubie IS a lock. I agree.
Oh right, you're the multitude of sock puppets who don't know how to spell "capital" in "capitol bureau."
Oh right, you're the multitude of sock puppets who don't know how to spell "capital" in "capitol bureau."
What do you mean? The other person used the 'o'. I had never really realized the distinction before, so thanks for that bit of education.
[Dictionary.com: —Usage note The noun capital1 refers to a city or town that is the seat of government; to a capital letter as opposed to a lowercase letter; and to wealth or resources. The noun Capitol refers primarily to the building in Washington, D.C., in which Congress sits or to similar buildings used by state legislatures.]
Anyway, I'll tell you my sock-puppets if you're interested: Matt Hayes and Jeff Pierce, to make fun of the HayesGroup PR firm that writes Politics Vermont and Andy Kaufman when I feel frusterated or silly. Sometimes I'll be a celebrity like Stephanie Gorin or whoever, but it's usually pretty obvious it's me when I do that.
I don't know who the "not the capitol bureau" person is. I suspect it's "Deep Throat" from my blog. (That's the person sending me the Tarrant dirt. He or she claims to be a disgruntled ex-IDXer.)
Anyway, I think it's kinda funny the way you're sure your right. It reminds me of how sure I am PolVT is Matt Hayes. There's one big difference, though. I can come out as me and defend myself with the truth. The douche-bags at PolVT have to just sit there while I bash them and bash them because PR firm sock puppets have no truth to defend themselves with!
And neither do you, idiot! But at least you have enough sense to remain anonymous.
Anyway. Don't worry yourself over how I blog. Just pay attention to how you conduct yourself. Ultimately we're all responsible for our own actions.
And there ain't no "jekell and hyde" routine. I really do wish for Brian Dubie's safe return, regardless of what you think. I'm not part of the crowd getting their panties in a wad over the timing or wording of his deployment's announcement.
I don't believe anyone would go to Iraq as a publicity stunt, but I do believe that if someone did, he would deserve whatever bounce it gave him.
Now piss off.
"I can come out as me and defend myself with the truth."
You can defend yourself, but since it's a long-established fact that you're usually full of shit, I'm baffled as to why you think using your real name lends anything to your credibility. You regularly spin up multiple identities on your blog to respond to your own posts, and have even taken the laughable step of blasting the anonymity of others while simultaneously posting under these aliases.
So why don't you grow up, deal with the fact that you're never going to be able to Google and harrass a lot of the people that address you in comment threads, and try responding to what's being said for a change instead of whining about the fact that you can't find out the street address of the person who's saying it.
"anonymous coward"
There you go again, "Jeff," I mean "Matt." Too funny.
Post a Comment