What kind of nerd are you?
What's your nerd score? The score is the percentage of test-takers who scored lower (less nerdy) than you. I scored 81. That's right, I am 81% nerd.
I know that it is just another stupid internet quiz, but to a former math and science nerd, who was once a rising star in the UVM Physics Department (albeit very briefly), turned stay-at-home mom with no outlet for her math genius other than to try and produce a new generation of math nerds, it is great to have someone call me "MIT material," even if it is just an automatically generated response from an on-line quiz.What does this mean? Your nerdiness is: High-Level Nerd. You are definitely MIT material, apply now!!!
So, how nerdy are you? Take the quiz and report back via comments.
(Hat Tip: O'DonnellWeb)
7 comments:
Yeah, whatever.
I don't suppose you're using open source/ linux on your computer.
You're probably one of those types who clings to windows out of fear of someting new.
That being said, I'm using linux and I only scored a 50%.
I guess I'm just too cool...
Yeah, you're so cool, Bob. Try fitting in with the cool kids when they find out that you're 50% nerd!
Sorry, too busy working with tarballs to worry about the cool kids!
Besides, doesn't using Linux make you cool?
Ummm...no. You've confused it with using a Mac.
And, Bob, the quiz was wrong. You are more than 50% nerd. You might only fulfill 50% of the nerdly categories, but you excel greatly in those areas of nerdliness.
And I am sure that communicating with your wife via her blog when you are sitting two feet away from her gives you bonus nerd points.
Macs are not as cool as Linux. OSX, for all it's goodness is just FreeBSD with a nice GUI. It's worse than windows in the sense that you have less control over your computer. But it's better in the sense that it won't crash, is UNIX based and more stable and secure (provided you're not logged in as root or using sudo privleges).
I think the question everyone who takes the test should be 'If I'm x% nerd, what's the remaining percentage composed of? That could be a harder truth to face than the nerd component!
I got a 12 out of 100 but they said I might not be all that popular either, lol. All the math and science and computer questions stumped me since I am a history and literature person.
And all of this computer talk is like being at a Holyoke mall and listening to all the Spanish-speaking people chatter on about things you don't understand and frankly find a little annoying, lol. I think both your nerd levels went up with all that technobabble!
Post a Comment